Govt extends deadline for social housing applications
In a statement issued on Saturday, the Ministry said the deadline has now been extended until 11:59 PM on the 15th of next month.
Top Stories
-
Italian authorities seize divers’ belongings in Maldives probe
-
Major blackout disrupts power supply in Malé and Hulhumalé
-
Nasheed apologises to MDP members for leaving party in 2023
-
President says cabinet restructuring has improved govt efficiency
-
WDC presidents’ salaries reduced again after public backlash
The Ministry of Housing, Land and Urban Development has extended the application deadline for land plots and flats under the government’s ‘Boahiyaavahikan Enmenah’ housing programme.
Applications for the Greater Malé Region housing schemes were initially opened on January 18, with the original deadline set for April 30.
The deadline was later extended to May 31 following an announcement made on April 13.
In a statement issued on Saturday, the Ministry said the deadline has now been extended until 11:59 PM on the 15th of next month.
According to the Ministry, the extension was granted following complaints from applicants regarding difficulties in completing documentation requirements ahead of the upcoming Eid al-Adha holidays.
The Ministry noted that many citizens travel during the holiday period and that government offices remain closed during public holidays, affecting the completion of application processes.
The extension applies to all housing schemes within the Greater Malé Region.
Since the launch of the programme earlier this year, the Ministry has made several revisions to eligibility criteria related to flat applications.
Recent amendments focused on the category allocated for persons with disabilities under the Family Housing Programme.
The Ministry also stated that work is ongoing to revise regulations to allow parents or legal guardians to submit applications on behalf of persons with disabilities.